Exciting developments in optical coatings are stimulated by the latest trends in optics, optoelectronics, photonics, optical data processing, mobile devices, displays, biomedical, sensors, energy and photovoltaics, architectural, aerospace, astronomical, and other technologies. The Optical Coatings sessions will bring together these different aspects for technical interchange in the field of optical interference coatings.
To build a well-rounded Optical Coatings session, abstracts are solicited to cover topics including coating design, development of practical manufacturing techniques, characterization methods, and a wide range of applications. Specific areas may include:
- Application of Optical Coatings for mobile electronics (e.g. fingerprint sensors, cameras, displays, touch-screens, etc.).
- Performance enhancement through optical coatings (e.g. improved efficiency for solar cells).
- Coatings on sapphire, polymers or other special substrate materials.
- Applications in non-traditional wavelengths, from EUV to IR (e.g. IR thermal imaging).
- Complex 3-D optical devices.
- Coatings for LIDAR/driverless vehicles.
- Coatings for biomedical applications.
- Optical coatings for energy control and solar power.
- Optical coatings for laser applications, including femto-second laser.
- Optical coatings for display, aerospace, and integrated photonic device applications.
- Novel optical coating materials, including metamaterials and metasurfaces.
- New fabrication processes for optical coatings.
- Novel optical interference design software and design techniques.
- Production issues common to the industry – including lessons learned or serendipitous discoveries that came from problems or disasters.
- Metrology of optical films (new instrumentation and software developments, inline or in-situ approaches, etc.).
- Real-time process monitoring and control with optical coating processes.
- Industrial scale-up.
Optical Coating TAC Chairs: James N. Hilfiker, J.A. Woollam Co., Inc., firstname.lastname@example.org; Assistant TAC Chairs: Jay Anzellotti, IDEX Health & Science, email@example.com; Nadja Felde, Fraunhofer Institute for Optics and Precision Engineering IOF, Germany, firstname.lastname@example.org