Exhibitor Rules and Exhibit Policy
- Exhibitor agrees to accept relocation if it becomes necessary or advisable in the sole judgment of Exhibit Management. The words “Exhibit Management” as used herein refers to the Society of Vacuum Coaters (SVC) and its management contractors. Exhibit Management shall assign exhibit space in the best interests of the Exhibit as a whole.
- Exhibitor agrees to indemnify and hold harmless SVC, the hotel or other facility housing the Exhibit, and their respective agents, servants, and employees from any loss, damage, liability, costs, attorney’s fees, or other of whatsoever nature arising from exhibitor’s participation in the event, including but not limited to claims due to the injury, damage or loss to exhibitor’s displays, equipment and other property brought upon the premises of the exhibit facility, except for claims solely resulting from the gross negligence of Exhibit Management and/or the hotel/exhibit facility. The exhibitor understands that neither SVC nor the hotel/exhibit facility maintains insurance covering the exhibitor’s property, and it is the sole responsibility of the exhibitor to obtain such insurance.
- Exhibitor agrees to obtain Commercial General Liability and Property insurance to be in effect during the dates of the event, including move-in and move-out days, and will furnish a certificate of insurance to SVC. Said limits of insurance will be in an amount not less than $1 million per occurrence and $2 million in the aggregate. Exhibitor’s insurance will list SVC Exhibit Management and the Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center and Freeman, as additional co-insureds for the period of the Exhibit, including move-in and move-out periods. Exhibitor agrees to waive the right of subrogation by their insurance carriers to recover loss sustained under the respective insurance contracts for real and personal property.
- Exhibitor agrees to ensure that the booth does not exceed the height rule-i.e, no portion of the booth may exceed 3 feet in height, when more than 4 feet out from the backline of the booth space, and the booth must fit into the contracted booth width of 10 feet.
- No Exhibiting Company shall assign, sublet, or apportion the whole or any part of the contracted booth space.
- Exhibitor agrees to not dismantle the booth before 4:00 p.m., Wednesday, May 4, 2022.
- Exhibitor agrees to abide by the union jurisdiction in the TechCon City (Long Beach, CA in 2022), and by all SVC’s rules and regulations, including but not limited to, its Code of Ethics and to conduct itself and its business with fairness and honesty, loyalty to its associates, employees, clients, customers and employees, and fidelity to the needs of the public. SVC reserves the right to deny participation in its programs and activities to individuals and organizations that violate its rules or whose participation, in SVC’s sole discretion, is deemed detrimental to the interests and purposes of SVC.
Cancellation Policy: Exhibitors who cancel their booth space on or before December 31, 2021, forfeit 10% of the rental fee. There is no refund for cancellations after December 31, 2021. (If an exhibiting company sends a written request to SVC to cancel their booth registration after December 31, 2021, and if the SVC Exhibit sells out, the exhibiting company will receive a refund of 50% of its booth fee.
Assignment of Booths
- Initial booth assignments will be made after July 12, 2021, from all contracts received with full payment by that time. The next group of booth reservations received between July 13 and September 12, 2021 will be made in the Second Wave of Booth Assignments. Each company will be asked to provide four (4) choices for their booth location and statements as to which companies they do not wish to be near. For companies that have the same number of points, booth location priority is based upon the date that full payment has been received by SVC. With the advance registration process, a random drawing for priority will be made from companies that have the same number of points and that register for a booth during the TechCon.
- After September 12, 2021, booths will be assigned strictly according to the date that the paid registration is received (payment by credit card is acceptable). In the case that all booth choices have already been assigned, it will not be practical for the company to be recontacted. The next best booth space will be allocated
- Companies that wish to be located next to each other must send in their registrations together and state their request on the registration form. Exhibit Management will make every effort to accommodate the request.
- Companies purchasing four (4) booths in an Island by July 12, 2021 will get first priority in booth placement. Four-booth islands purchased by September 12, 2021 will get first priority in booth placement within the second wave of booth assignments from the confirmed floorplan that exists at that time. After September 13, 2020 all booths, including islands, are assigned on a first-come, space-available basis.
- Exhibit space shall be assigned by the SVC Exhibit Committee in the best interests of the Exhibit as a whole. Exhibitors must agree to accept relocation if it becomes necessary or advisable in the sole judgement of Exhibit Management.
- Exhibit Management reserves the right to add or remove booths on the published floor plan if it is in the best interests of the Exhibit.
- After final assignment, space location may not be changed.