Tutorial Roster and Fees
V – VACUUM TECHNOLOGY
C – VACUUM COATING DEPOSITION PROCESSES AND TECHNOLOGY
The tutorial number indicates the level of topic specialization. Lower numbers are basic or introductory in nature, and higher numbers are a more specialized treatment of a specific topic.
COURSE TIMES: 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. EDT (14:00 – 21:00 UTC)
- Updated March 25, 2021: Course C-270 Coatings, Thin Films and Surface Solutions for Biomedical Applications will be half day, 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- All other tutorial courses are full-day.
- All tutorials will be live streamed and interactive.
COURSE FEES: All tutorials are $250.
- Advance registration before the day of the tutorial courses is required.
- You do not have to register for the conference or be an SVC Member to take a tutorial course.
- *VT-201 requires a digital textbook at an additional fee of $140.
Tuesday, May 11
C-103 An Introduction to Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD) Processes S. Ismat Shah
*VT-201 High Vacuum Systems and Operation John O’Hanlon (includes text book)
Wednesday, May 12
C-208 Sputter Deposition for Industrial Applications David Glocker
C-270 Coatings, Thin Films and Surface Solutions for Biomedical Applications: An overview of market trends, synthesis and characterization New! Jeffrey D. Hettinger and Shahram Amini
Thursday, May 13
C-212 Troubleshooting for Thin Film Deposition Processes Mike Miller
VT-220 Practical Guide to Vacuum System Operation Using a Trainer System John Lasswell
Tuesday, May 18
VT-230 Design and Specification of Vacuum Deposition Systems Rob Belan
C-322 Characterization of Thick Films, Thin Films and Surfaces Tom Christensen
Wednesday, May 19
C-207 Evaporation as a Deposition Process Abe Belkind
C-240 Fundamentals of Ion Beam Sputtering New! Brett Buchholtz
Thursday, May 20
C-250 Introduction to Pulsed Laser Deposition New! James A. Greer
C-230 PVD Processing of Plastics for Better Protection, Reflection, and Decoration New! Gary Vergason
Tutorial Course Cancellation Policy
Tutorial course cancellations received on or before March 20, 2021 will be refunded. Refunds will be made upon receipt of a written notice, less a $25 service fee for each cancelled tutorial course.
No refunds will be made after April 23, 2021. Please send your written cancellation request to firstname.lastname@example.org.